Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuna Macaroni Salad

One of my favorite side dishes everrrrrrrrrrrr. I got this dish from my friend's sister a couple of years ago. This is very very simple and tastes great with turkey, chicken, ham and all of the above.


DISCLAIMER: I normally do not measure the ingredients that I use. Everything is eyeballed and guesstimated but I will try my best to provide you with some type of measurements!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Box of Pasta (I like to use either Elbow or Rotini)
  • 2-3 Sticks of Celery
  • 3 Cans of Tuna (use the ones that comes in chunks)
  • Light Mayo
  • Miracle Whip
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Lemon

Steps:

1.) Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta with a pinch of salt and about a teaspoon of oil. Follow the directions on the box.



2.) Drain the pasta and then put it in the fridge to cool.
  
3.) Cut the celery sticks into small pieces, about 1/4 of an inch thick. I usually cut off the top white part of the celery and only use the middle greener portion. I find that those pieces are crunchier and tastes better too. 



4.) Mix in 1/2 cup of light mayo and 2 cups of Miracle Whip with the chopped celery.




5.) Drain 2 cans of tuna and leave 1 can with the tuna juice. Mix the 3 cans of tuna with the mayo, Miracle Whip and celery.

6.) Add a pinch of salt and pepper and then squeeze in 1/4 fresh lemon juice to the mixture.

7.) Once everything is evenly mixed, add it to the cooled pasta and blend it all together. If the pasta looks too dry, you can add more mayo or Miracle Whip.


This is one of the easiest side dishes to make and it will surely be a crowd pleaser. I love this cold salad, especially during Thanksgiving. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how yours turn out!


No comments:

Post a Comment